To help answer this question, your baby can participate in the study of infant development at the Infant Cognition Lab - we are always looking for volunteers! We are currently looking for volunteers between the ages of 3 months and 13.5 months.
Scheduling times are flexible and we have various appointment times throughout the week. Please call the lab for available appointment times, and we will schedule an appointment that is convenient for you and your infant.
- We will send you a reminder card in the mail that has a map and directions to our lab on the back. We are located on the Texas A&M University campus in Legett Hall.
- An undergraduate research assistant will be standing outside waiting for you with an "Infant Cognition Lab" sign.
- Once you arrive, they will show you where to park (we provide free parking) and escort you into our building.
- If you bring other children, they may stay in our playroom with one of our research assistants. We have lots of toys to keep them entertained!
- During the experiment, your baby will sit in your lap and watch something similar to a puppet show in our apparatus. Most babies find it fun and entertaining!
- Once we are finished, we will explain the study to you in more detail, and answer any questions that you may have. You will also receive $5 for travel reimbursement and a cute ICL baby T-shirt!
- Your baby will receive a certificate for participating in our research, and then someone will escort you back to your car. If you enjoyed the experience, we would love to have you and your baby back for as many visits as you like!
All of this only takes 30 - 45 minutes!