**Update: As of August 1, you’ll see a new sign on our door. Senate Bill 11, enacted by the Texas Legislature, has permitted concealed carry of handguns into buildings on college campuses in Texas. However, since our lab studies minors, our lab space is prohibited from concealed carry.
We understand that campus carry is a sensitive issues to people on both sides — those who do not want weapons on our campus, and those who choose to exercise their rights to carry. Our lab space does not allow concealed carry holders entrance, so if this applies to you, please plan ahead (we have no storage facilities).
More information about the law and how it is being implemented at Texas A&M:
To get answers to our frequently asked questions, click here.
What Do Infants Know About Their World?
To help answer this question, your baby can participate in the study of infant development at the Infant Cognition Lab – we are always looking for volunteers! We are currently looking for volunteers between the ages of 3 months and 18 months.
How Do You Schedule an Appointment?
Scheduling times are flexible and we have various appointment times throughout the week. Please call the lab for available appointment times, and we will schedule an appointment that is convenient for you and your infant or you can go online at infantcoglabtamu.youcanbook.me.
Once You Have an Appointment Scheduled:
- We will send you a reminder card in the mail that has a map and directions to our lab on the back. We are located on the Texas A&M University campus in Coke Building Rm 101.
- An undergraduate research assistant will be standing outside waiting for you with an “Infant Cognition Lab” sign.
- Once you arrive, they will show you where to park (we provide free parking) and escort you into our building.
- If you bring other children, they may stay in our playroom with one of our research assistants. We have lots of toys to keep them entertained!
- During the experiment, your baby will sit in your lap and watch something similar to a puppet show in our apparatus. Most babies find it fun and entertaining!
- Once we are finished, we will explain the study to you in more detail, and answer any questions that you may have. You will also receive $5 for travel reimbursement and a cute ICL baby T-shirt!
- Your baby will receive a certificate for participating in our research, and then someone will escort you back to your car. If you enjoyed the experience, we would love to have you and your baby back for as many visits as you like!
All of this only takes 30 – 45 minutes!
Check Out Our Spring 2014 Newsletter! Newsletter Spring 2014